In the Media
- 12/17/2013 – Breaking a barrier
- 03/04/2012 – Family language
- 10/27/2011 – Music and art mark Día de los Muertos
- 11/06/2010 – Language classes help immigrants find success
- 08/08/2009 – GOING TO BAT FOR ENGLISH
- 01/22/2009 – Say ‘diploma’ en español
- 08/13/2008 – Classes enhance fluency, food bank
- 03/25/2007 – Breaking barriers
- 06/23/2007 – Passage into citizenship
- 06/12/2005 – Immigrant now helps others with their English
2016 MILK TOAST AWARD – Petersen Barn Community Center honored DTL’s Pilas! Family Literacy Program with its Milk Toast Award at the We Are Bethel Celebration in June. The award is given annually to a local organization that embodies the same spirit of community and inclusiveness that inspired the celebration.
2016 HUMAN RIGHTS LEADERSHIP AWARD – Presented to Executive Director Paulina Romo Villaseñor by the Springfield Alliance for Equality and Respect (SAfER).
2016 ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR AWARD – DTL’s Executive Director Paulina Romo Villaseñor was named Oregon’s 2016 Title 1-C “Advocate of the Year” for her extraordinary contributions to migrant education.
2010 PEACE BY PIECE AWARD – Presented to Downtown Languages by Community Mediation Services.
NONPROFIT EUGENE: NE42: Downtown Languages
Podcast of Executive Director Paulina Romo Villaseñor’s conversation with Sam Evans and Tatiana Bryant of Nonprofit Eugene about the who, what, and why of Downtown Languages. Jun 10, 2016. (00:49:26)
ExcitoTV: Altares de Día de Muertos @ Downtown Languages (Altars of Day of the Dead at Downtown Languages). Nov 3, 2011. (00:01:36)