In the Media
- 12/17/2013 – Breaking a barrier
- 03/04/2012 – Family language
- 10/27/2011 – Music and art mark Día de los Muertos
- 11/06/2010 – Language classes help immigrants find success
- 08/08/2009 – GOING TO BAT FOR ENGLISH
- 01/22/2009 – Say ‘diploma’ en español
- 08/13/2008 – Classes enhance fluency, food bank
- 03/25/2007 – Breaking barriers
- 06/23/2007 – Passage into citizenship
- 06/12/2005 – Immigrant now helps others with their English
2016 MILK TOAST AWARD – Petersen Barn Community Center honored DTL’s Pilas! Family Literacy Program with its Milk Toast Award at the We Are Bethel Celebration in June. The award is given annually to a local organization that embodies the same spirit of community and inclusiveness that inspired the celebration.
2016 HUMAN RIGHTS LEADERSHIP AWARD – Presented to Executive Director Paulina Romo Villaseñor by the Springfield Alliance for Equality and Respect (SAfER).
2016 ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR AWARD – DTL’s Executive Director Paulina Romo Villaseñor was named Oregon’s 2016 Title 1-C “Advocate of the Year” for her extraordinary contributions to migrant education.
2010 PEACE BY PIECE AWARD – Presented to Downtown Languages by Community Mediation Services.
ExcitoTV: Altares de Día de Muertos @ Downtown Languages (Altars of Day of the Dead at Downtown Languages). Nov 3, 2011. (00:01:36)