Downtown Languages is a great place to connect with people from other countries without leaving Lane County!
STAY CONNECTED WITH DTL
Receive our newsletter with updates about events, successes, and volunteer opportunities. Join Our Mailing List
As a non-profit organization, we depend on the support of individuals like you. These are just some of the benefits of volunteering:
- Help someone adapt to life in the United States
- Understand aspects of another culture
- Use your talents and experience to make a difference
- Learn more about other people and yourself
- Gain a new perspective on local, national, and international events
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Volunteer as a classroom assistant for adult English learners or in the children’s classrooms for our Pilas Family Literacy Program
- Assist in the classrooms
- Be a tutor / conversation partner
- Help in the office or with classroom-prep
- Assist with fundraising events
- Serve on the Board of Directors
How to Volunteer
If you haven’t volunteered with us before, please fill out the online Volunteer Application and tell us a little about yourself. We will review your information and contact you if there is a position for you. Volunteers will be subject to an Oregon Open Records check.
Please call or email us if you’d like more information about volunteering at Downtown Languages. Thank you for your interest and for making Lane County a better place for all of us.