Downtown Languages is a great place to connect with people from other countries without leaving Lane County!
As a non-profit organization, we depend on the support of individuals like you. These are just some of the benefits of volunteering:
- Help someone adapt to life in the United States
- Understand aspects of another culture
- Use your talents and experience to make a difference
- Learn more about other people and yourself
- Gain a new perspective on local, national, and international events
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and until further notice, volunteer opportunities are virtual via Zoom unless indicated as in-person or contactless below.
Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Volunteer in English as a classroom assistant for adult English learners or in the children’s classrooms for our Pilas Family Literacy Program
- Volunteer in Spanish in our Bilingual Computer or Oregon Driver License Exam Prep classes.
- Volunteer in-person in our Pilas Family Literacy Cottage Grove program
- Be a tutor / conversation partner
- Do contactless delivery of learning materials and family activity kits to students’ homes
- Help in the office or with learning materials-prep
- Assist with fundraising events
How to Volunteer
If you haven’t volunteered with us before, please fill out the online Volunteer Application and tell us a little about yourself. We will review your information and contact you if there is a position for you. Volunteers will be subject to an Oregon Open Records check.
Please call or email us if you’d like more information about volunteering at Downtown Languages. Thank you for your interest and for making Lane County a better place for all of us.